To check in to the studio, you need to scan the partner's QR code.
Here are the most common situations that you may encounter:
- What if I forget my mobile phone or my phone is not working?
- What if I don’t show up or cancel too late?
- What if I cannot check in due to exceeded check-in limits?
- A black screen appears when you try to scan the QR code
- The app is very slow and/or stalls
- An error message is displayed
- You haven’t received a link for your live (online) class
What if I forget my mobile phone or my phone is not working?
Remember: your phone is your pass! If you forget your mobile phone, if it’s broken or out of battery, the check-in is not possible, and thus you cannot be let in class. In this case, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of 5 EUR.
What if I don’t show up or cancel too late?
Please note that each time you do not show up to a class, we need to compensate the partner studio for your booked spot. Make sure to stay informed about the cancellation policy in your favorite studio and if you cannot participate, please cancel in time so that other members have a chance to join. If you don't show up, you will be charged 13 EUR. If you cancel too late, the fee is 5 EUR.
What if I cannot check in due to exceeded check-in limits?
You need to be aware of your usage limits, and you should not book classes that exceed them. Be aware that if you're located in Germany you can only check-in once a day. If you book a class, but cannot check in due to the membership limitations, you have 2 options:
- If you still want to participate and the studio allows it, you can pay extra for drop-in according to the studio's pricing. In this situation, we won't charge the "late cancellation” fee, so it is necessary that you contact us by opening a ticket in our help center.
- If you don’t want to participate in the class, you will be charged a late cancellation fee of 5 EUR. Why? We compensate our partner for every booking done with the app, or whether you made it directly with the partner (call, through their website, WhatsApp, or any booking method external to the Urban Sports Club app).
A black screen appears when you try to scan the QR code
Go to the general settings in your phone, scroll down until you see the USC app and give permission to access the camera. Now reopen the app, and you should be able to scan the QR code.
The app is very slow and/or stalls
Make sure there’s a reliable internet connection. Also, check if you have the latest version of the app (open the App Store or Google Play) and run an update if necessary.
An error message is displayed:
Make sure that your membership is active - log in to our website and have a look at the information next to your profile photo:
You can only check in if your status is set to "active".
If your membership is active, ensure that your membership tariff enables you to check in with the partner of your choice and your monthly visit limit has not been exceeded.
This information can be found in the partner profile:
Please note: The limits do not refer to your membership month, but to the calendar month. More about this can be found here: How are my check in limits calculated?
With a PRO or BUSINESS membership, your check-ins are limited to one per day, regardless of the partner venue that you choose. If you’re not sure whether you’re a PRO or BUSINESS member, you can find out by visiting your profile on our website or in the app.
If you want to use your membership anywhere outside Germany, it might be that your check-in limits may have special regulations. You can find more information on that in this article.
You haven’t received a link for your live (online) class
If you haven't received an email, the link can also be found in your profile when you open your schedule. By clicking on " Check in to livestream" you will join the class right away. More information about this can be found here.
Please note: if this button is not visible shortly before the class begins, please check if the activity is actually a live class and not an on-site activity. Online classes are marked with the orange tag "Live".